Assistants in Nursing work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, adhering to a care plan and their job description. They are accountable for their actions and follow Abundance Healthcare Group™ guidelines, local protocols, and their position description to ensure compliance.
Those who are selected will need to undergo criminal record screenings. The job is categorised as child-related work, hence an Office of the Children’s Guardian Working With Children check will be required.
Core objectives include:
- Helping with daily living activities, community support, and empowerment
- Offer assistance to patients with mental or physical difficulties.
- Work within clearly established limits and with general direction from the person requesting support and their family.
- Recognise patients’ needs and give them the proper care, whether they have low or high requirements and exhibit a variety of problematic behaviours.
The list provided above is not comprehensive, and the role may be subject to modification in order to align with the overall objectives of the company.
• Current First Aid certification
This job description provides an overview of the role’s scope and responsibilities, but it is not intended to encompass all duties. You will be required to undertake additional job-related tasks as assigned by management and as the role and business continue to evolve.